RECIPE BY SAVORY/SWEET/ECLECTIC
Yield: 1 8-10 inch pizza
For Caramelized Onions
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 large onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1sprig fresh thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups button or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic minced
1 prepared pizza crust or 1 pound pizza dough
6 ounces brie cheese,
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Category : Summer Pairings
1. Melt vegetable oil and butter in a large sauté pan over a low flame. Add onions and sauté about 5 minutes or until the onions become soft.
2. Add in the brown sugar, a pinch of salt and thyme sprig. Cook stirring occasionally until the onions are brown and caramelized. Set aside.
1. In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Sauté over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes until mushrooms brown. Set aside
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. Top prepared pizza crust with caramelized onions, mushrooms and slices of brie cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
3. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting
4. If preparing from raw pizza dough: Roll out pizza dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal and place pizza dough on top. Top with Onions, mushrooms, and brie. Drizzle with olive oil and place in preheated oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
2010 Cuvee Rouge